For more information contact:
HAMMER’s confined space training prepares workers for the dangers of confined spaces and rescue procedures as required by OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146. Hanford maintains a Standardized Site-wide training program applicable to all Hanford contractors and sub-contractors.
HAMMER's Confined Space Training:
- Provides the opportunity to practice confined space work in a safe, hands-on, real-world environment
- Practice rescue and retrieval on realistic confined space props
- Confined Space Rescue
- Utilizes mannequins and hoist equipment for rescue and retrieval training operations
- Danger of attempting a rescue in a confined space is emphasized repeatedly
- Consistency in training is maintained through the Site-wide committee
HAMMER Hanford Training classes are available to DOE and DOE-affiliated entities including Hanford contractors and their subcontractors.