For more information on training at HAMMER, visit Doing Business with Us.
At its 88-acre training campus in Richland, Washington, HAMMER performs fire service training for federal, state, tribal, and local agencies, as well as private industry organizations. Fire service customers bring their own trainers to HAMMER to ensure their trainees receive department specific training. HAMMER firefighters provide prop operation support and safety oversight.
Typical training classes include:
- Burn to Learn
- Search and Rescue
- Confined Space Rescue
- Rope Rescue
- Trench Rescue
- Hazardous Materials Skills
- Fire Fighter I and II Skills
- Professional Development
Frequently Used Props include:
- Burn Props: Burn Building, LPG Pad, Fuel Delivery Truck, Dumpster, Vehicle, Flammable LPG Pad
- SCBA Search and Rescue Building
- Training Tower
- HAZMAT Pad
- Public Works Confined Space Prop
HAMMER is available to DOE and DOE-affiliated entities as well as military, other authorized federal and state agencies, and local emergency response agencies.