The Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation, the Yakama Nation, and the Nez Perce Tribe have been an integral part of HAMMER since its inception. Serving as charter members of the HAMMER Steering Committee, the three tribes continue to hold seats on the Committee to provide wisdom and guidance to help HAMMER protect workers, the public, and environment.
The Tribal partnerships:
• Serve as the cornerstone of mutual respect, culture, and awareness at Hanford
• Facilitate strong alliances between the Tribes and Labor unions
• Develop specialized training on protection of cultural resources, environment, and emergency response
• One-of-a-kind tribal props such as the Cultural Resources Test Beds and Indigenous Restoration Area provide a venue for cultural sensitivity training.
- Cultural Resource Test Beds Virtual Tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnuWKA-Hlzk